Sunday, February 21, 2010

I would like to know if i can change wood floor into a beach house look with paint, inexspensively.?

i was thinking of maybe a light blue and white marble look. i will be doing this myself.I would like to know if i can change wood floor into a beach house look with paint, inexspensively.?
It's actually the accessories that'll make it look all shabby beach chic. Light blue is the way forward; white marble not so much... but white, yes. You can buy stuff to make the paint slightly chippy which will give it the look of being near the sea and being vintage.





Display sea-shells in light-blue pails, or bowls; have as many vintage style mirrors as possible. But, yeah, a matte light blue then chipped slightly on floor-boards will be lovely, but keep walls white.





You could have one feature wall covered in swatches of wall paper, Cath Kidston style. She has some lovely polka dot ones and some wallpaper companies will send you A4 swatches for free.





Good luck! It'll look gorgeous :o)I would like to know if i can change wood floor into a beach house look with paint, inexspensively.?
White wash it, this will give a great beach look.There are special paints just for this. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask for it.
I painted my friends floor who lives on a lake. I used an oil base paint because the room was not a high traffic area. I taped it off into the design that I wanted and then painted.


At the house I live in now, I went to Home Depot and got a garage floor paint, painted a checker board black and white, and then varnished over it- beware though- varnish makes the yellow look white. I will see if I can link you to a picture of my floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment