Friday, February 26, 2010

I got invited to stay at a friends beach house. what goodies should I bring?

My friend Andrea invited me to stay with her and her family shore house for a couple of days. What kind of snacks should I bring. Her step mom is really into eating raw food. She's a natural new age hippie. Or should I just show up empty handed? I don't want to be an ungrateful house guest.I got invited to stay at a friends beach house. what goodies should I bring?
How about some crack?I got invited to stay at a friends beach house. what goodies should I bring?
i would bring stuff....if you go to a health food store an employee could probably help you find some tasty snacks that everyone would love if you're not really sure what her mom would like...it would probably be apperciated! if you can't find food find some fun games to bring like volleyball or frisbee, stuff like that!





have fun! : )
It wouldn't be rude to show up empty handed, but if you'd like to bring something that's a nice gesture. I think you should bring something that's raw, but something that you didn't obviously make because its raw. Everyone loves a good fruit salad, so I would slice up some of the fresh berries that are now in season with grapes and bananas and maybe melon and bring that.
Since they invited you, I bet they probably have plenty of food. I'd probably just bring some kind of gift, possibly a scented candle or any house warming gift..lamps, clocks, etc. You could also make something and bring it there. Lemonade as one answerer suggested, or possibly even a cake or cookies.





Edit:


I second the idea of bringing games. Badminton is really fun for outdoors. I wouldn't advice monopoly though...you'll stay up until 4am wondering who's going to go bankrupt next and if that game will ever end.
Let them know you want to help them with the food situation and you would appreciate suggestions as to what to bring.





Have fun.
some nice cold lemonade would hit the spot!!!





RECIPE INGREDIENTS








3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 20 lemons)





2 1/4 cups sugar





12 cups chilled water

















RECIPE METHOD








Combine juice and sugar in a one gallon container; stir until sugar dissolves. Stir in water. Serve over ice
pop and juice.
bring some candy and chips... i dont know if you want to eat raw food... maybe give them a candle as a thank you gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment