Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is this a good time to sell my beach house?

I have a vacation house in Chatham, MA (Cape Cod) and I'm looking to sell it. It's only a half mile from the beach. Since it's the summer, would it make sense to put it on the market now? I was thinking it might be, because a lot people vacation down the Cape so it seems likely that this is the time when most people would see it.





Any advice would be greatly appreciated, specifically if you have a real estate background.





Thanks in advance!Is this a good time to sell my beach house?
Great time to sell and reach out to the right market. People can see while on vacation and won't need to make a spacial trip. Make some flyer's, hand them out. Good Luck!Is this a good time to sell my beach house?
This is such a tough question, because there are so many variables. The short answer is; now is a HORRIBLE time to be selling any real estate. The market is still unnaturally depressed due to the mortgage and lending crises. The only way I would be selling real estate right now is if I HAD to. Now, the whole rest of the ball of wax is; do you need the money? how badly? are you willing to take a big loss to have the cash? will you use the money for future income like schooling? All those have to be considered, but, right now is the worst time to be selling real estate if you intend to maximize your profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment