Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another dream! We're still at my beach house, and everyone gets a chance to cook! What are *you* making?

Hi, again ~


It's such a pretty day today! The grill is sending out the nicest signals and by request we are playing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, complete with vocal workout!!





I have made Potato Salad Dumas with mussels, olive oil, and chervil ...





the wine is cooling....





Would someone make iced tea, and some cold chocolate for the children?





Some packages of fish with ginger for the grill, and some potatoes, please!





What are you making? I'm anxious to see!!





love,


Darjeeling SnowAnother dream! We're still at my beach house, and everyone gets a chance to cook! What are *you* making?
love


if you are not making love then


you should be as its what makes the world go round





all food has done for me is make my belly go roundAnother dream! We're still at my beach house, and everyone gets a chance to cook! What are *you* making?
I'm making time for myself in a quiet corner of the garden, under the shade of a large tree.





Do however let me know when the others have finished their chores.





If you wanna join me for a peaceful moment, there's 2 chairs.





I'll have to take my feet of one of them though.





Sounds like a great day at your place, why are you hear?





Go enjoy.
I agree with the previous answer. ';Why are you here asking this question?';





I am having something really simple tonight.





SHRIMP SCAMPI





24 lg. uncooked shrimp (peeled, deveined, leaving tails on)


4 lg. garlic cloves, finely minced


1/2 stick butter


1/2 c. olive oil


1 c. white wine


1 tbsp. chopped parsley


Lemon wedges


bread crumbs





In a skillet, saute a few spoons of bread crumbs, parsley and garlic until lightly browned. (Add garlic after a few moments so that it doesn't get brown.)


Add shrimp, marinade and juice from a couple of lemon wedges and cook until shrimp are pink (a few minutes) and juices in pan are bubbling hot.





Serve shrimp with scampi sauce for dipping, and garnish with lemon wedges.
I'm not really sure what I'm making, but I know for sure that I'm not wasting this perfectly beautiful day on my computer browsing around Yahoo Answers.
Salmon marinated in an alaskan teriyaki sauce (my mom's recipe from a native alaskan!). My grandma's amazing potato salad and a fresh green salad (not iceburg lettuce, but the good stuff) with a homemade raspberry vinagarette, mandarine oranges, raspberries, and almond slivers over top. YUM!
anything chocolate or chocolaty


or made of cream any cream single, double, whipped, whipping, frozen, caned ,thick , fresh or even ice cream
id make crab and barbie anything else, hot smokey spicy sausage, jacket potatoes, cold pasta, as it is im eating a ice cream as i have a ulcer in my mouth, but in my dream im at your house having tea, ps its cold here to weather awful,
It's too nice of a day to be indoors cooking. I'll do dessert. We'll have Berries in the snow....





First you tear angel food cake into smaller chunks and layer in the bottom of a bowl or pan.





Next add a layer of raspberry's, blue berry's etc., layer of strawberry's and some strawberry jell (not sure of the ';official'; name of this stuff). Cover with whipped topping and decorate top with sliced berries.





In the meantime, I'll be sunning myself at the waters edge while the rest of the meal is cooking....
Chappattis and some of my favourte dal gravy .

No comments:

Post a Comment