Sunday, February 21, 2010

My wife talked men into lending the beach house in Sand Destin to her best friend?

I did let then use it for 10 days for there honeymoon and they caused about $8500.00 in damage to it. Since I have a 1% deductible on all claims. I am out $8500.00 My wife says there poor and not to worry about it but I am worried that I am out that money....Should I let it go ....by the way it was caused by a lot of drunks fighting not covered anyway.My wife talked men into lending the beach house in Sand Destin to her best friend?
Poor or not I would haul their a$$es into small claims and get all I could from them.





Drunken party you bet and wifey sounds kind of out of touch with reality here.





Besides if you put in a claim your insurance may skyrocket.My wife talked men into lending the beach house in Sand Destin to her best friend?
Well I don't quite understand the story it is kind of confusing how you stated it. Either way though, if somebody causes damage to your property or your rental property then they are required to pay for it. It doesn't matter if they are poor because the fact is that if they had enough money to get drunk off their *** then they certainly can pay for the damages they caused. It is called responsibility and they need to own up too their actions. My recommendations is to give them one month to begin paying you back and they have must have everything paid back within three months if they fail to do so take them to court. In addition, make sure to have a written and notarized contract with them stating that they agree to pay you back in case they default and if they refuse to pay then take them to court immediately.
i am with becca





if someone was kind and let me use there home for 10 days in a nice location or bad i dont care i would treat it like gold even leave money for the cleaning fee its the least i could do to rent a hotel for 10 days you figure a cheep location for 50 dollars you are looking at 500 and a home is much larger then a hotel. i would tell them they are responsable for the damages and take them to court next time make who ever rents or stays in your home write out a out line that they are responsable for any damages
I agree with filing a claim in small claims court. Whether or not they have money right now, they need to be held responsible. And they may just have to pay it off payment by payment. But they need to learn a lesson as much as you need money for the damages they caused. That is not even reasonable to ignore.
thats not fair to you at all they got a free ride as it is there is no excuse for not being responsible if they are that poor try to work out a deal with them

No comments:

Post a Comment